RediNews HistoryThe developers at RediNews were among the first to bring charting-on-demand to the Internet. Beginning in 1995, shortly after the Internet went commercial, we began providing web sites with advanced charting capabilities.
Our principles have remained consistent over time: Performance, Features, Accuracy, and Technology.
1721 Yale Road
Merrick, NY 11566-4419
Contact Infotoll-free: (800) 733-1160
office: (516) 997-9880
fax: (516) 417-8542
The Cobra SystemThe RediNews Cobra System is based on a sound technological footing. Since 1992, our developers have been evolving and enhancing our proprietary delivery technology. Currently, our inventory contains over 350,000 lines of code ranging from our own ticker plant to time & sales engines, Nasdaq Level 2 and ECN books, order routing technology, streaming, snapshot, and compose on demand content servers.
We produce software for servers, web delivery, as well as dedicated, multi-threaded client-side front ends that run on Intel and Apple platforms.
Our redundant server-side architecture is located in Manhatttan and Nassau County, New York:
- Servers: Racked 2+ gHz AMD, 8 GB ram, 60GB (typ)
- Backbone: Ethernet, switched 1000 Base-T, w/satellite downlink coax
- Internet: Multihomed, connections through Lightpath, Verizon, & Cogent
- Power: dedicated diesel, and twin 3KVA premise UPS, dedicated house panels, dedicated NG generator
- OS: Linux web farm, dedicated ticker plant and 2nd level servers
- Database: client-server MySQL
- Web: Apache, mod_perl, many (many) code enhancements